BCBA SuperHero Training
In this eight-hour workshop for BCBAs, participants will learn key features of high-quality behavior-analytic supervision. Topics will include the purpose of effective, evidence-based supervision, important features of supervision, behavioral skills training, delivering performance feedback, evaluating the effects of supervision, and ongoing professional development. Examples and interactive activities will facilitate learning. Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be prepared to provide excellent supervision to pre-certification individuals and BCaBAs. This training program is based on the BACB Supervisor Training Curriculum Outline but is offered independently of the BACB.
At the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to
- Describe at least three reasons that effective, evidence-based supervision is important.
- Describe at least three potential outcomes of ineffective supervision.
- Explain six components of effective, evidence-based supervision that should take place at the establishment of the supervisory relationship.
- Explain six components of effective, evidence-based supervision that should take place during the supervision process.
- Describe eight components of behavioral skills training.
- Give examples of at least three formats for providing behavioral skills training.
- Give at least five examples of skill areas for which behavioral skills training might be used.
- Demonstrate behavioral skills training in a one-on-one in-person setting.
- Describe three components of performance feedback.
- Describe a six-step process for providing corrective feedback.
- Demonstrate appropriate corrective feedback in a one-on-one in-person setting.
- Give at least five examples of different ways to provide feedback.
- Describe three areas in which supervisory effectiveness can be evaluated.
- For each area of supervisory effectiveness, give at least two ways that effectiveness can be measured.
- Give at least five examples of methods for ongoing professional development as a supervisor.
- Give at least five examples of methods for ongoing professional development of supervisees.
Join us in Wilmington, NC on Thursday, October 30. Click here for more info.
Please Sign Up for our mailing list to be notified about future dates.